Education Call: ESG Series 2
Time & Location
About the Event
“ESG: Moving from Niche to Normal in the Boardroom”
Addressing critical issues relevant to today’s corporate boards and their governance oversight responsibilities now requires a familiarity with a range of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) topics. These are topics that extend far beyond those which the financial services and investment community are focused on and actively driving. It is incumbent on all board members to gain a working familiarity with these key issues, risks and opportunities, and understand how they can be leveraged to drive innovation, attract key talent, and add stakeholder and shareholder value to their company. These are issues that are relevant to every sector in every geography, regardless of whether the company is a privately held startup or a Fortune 200 public company. ESG is “moving from niche to normal in the boardroom” and WEoB is actively involved as a catalyst in that journey.
To help move that needle, a working group of the Education Subcommittee has planned a series of sessions dedicated to ESG topics and their relevance to today’s corporate boards and governance. The objectives of the education series are to familiarize WEoB members with basic ESG topics, have members begin to gain fluency in major topical and policy areas, and increase members’ own and her board’s effectiveness. In addition, we will be providing a repository of governance-oriented resources and reference materials that may be valuable as issues arise on their respective boards or for further self-study.
The ESG series has been organized into a number of sessions:
- Session 1: Series Kickoff: ESG and the Big Picture: April 22nd
- Session 2: Topical Deep Dive on Climate: May 25th
- Session 3: The Arc of ESG in Action - Variety of perspectives from corporates, government, investment community, NGOs, academia and/or civil society: June 17th
- Sessions 4A and 4B: Relevance of ESG to Corporate Governance – ESG issues in the boardroom (two-part series): September 1st
- Session 5: Series Capstone: TBD
Joining us in these sessions are some of the world’s most renowned thought leaders and experts with whom we have arranged unparalleled access. You will not want to miss these sessions.
[Note: The ‘ESG umbrella’ covers a large number of topics, so a subset has been selected as outlined above. Topics not covered in the WEoB ESG education series are:
- Diversity, equity and inclusion (covered by other WEoB education sessions)
- Data security, cyber and technology
- Product liability, product safety, responsible procurement, etc.
- Accounting, taxes, financial system stability, etc.
- Corruption, fraud, etc.]
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 690 179 3925